Dr Ashish Misra
MBBS, FRACP, FRCPA
Clinical Haemato-Oncologist & Bone Marrow Transplantation
After successfully completing training and an investiture of The Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and The Fellowship of The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia, Dr Misra was recruited to the Mater Misericordiae Hospitals in Brisbane, Australia in 2005. Dr Misra’s work at the Mater campus included the management of antenatal foetal problems as well as high risk pregnancies and deliveries, Medical Director of The Queensland Cord Blood Bank, and the haematologist in charge for the haematology laboratory at Mater Pathology including the general haematology, haemostasis, cytogenetics and molecular laboratory.
In 2008 he accepted the position of staff specialist at The Royal Brisbane and Womens’ Hospital in haematology and bone marrow transplantation where he currently works. In addition Dr Misra provides clinical haematology services to Redcliffe Hospital.
Professional memberships and affiliations:
- The Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- The Fellowship of The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- Australian Medical Association
- Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Lymphoma and Leukemia Study group
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology